1) How does the choice of band featured in the article suggest who the target audience will be?
2) What type of language is used in the article? Give examples of words or phrases which are specific to the style of the magazine
3) How is colour used?
4) What style of text (font type/colour/size) is used? Is it similar to any other pages? What does it say about the image of the magazine and the audience?
5) How is the double page spread laid out? How much of the pages are taken up by images and how much by text? How does this reflect the audience? What do they value?
6) What tone is the magazine using when addressing the reader (as a close friend, a member of an 'in' crowd or an informed intelligent fan?) - provide evidence
7) How is the artist/band presented to the audience through the images? You may wish to carry out a textual analysis.
8) How does the style of the article match the style of the front cover?
9) Does the article demand any prior knowledge? Give examples.
- White space
- Pull quote
- Side bar
- Page number
- Body Text
- Drop Cap
- Article Title
- Leading Text