- 1 main coverline which is larger than all others-generally the artist name. May be in a different font.
- No text touching the edges
- Text on the right hand and left hand sides generally line up (use the grid to check this)
- Strapline/Selling line e.g. The UK's Best Selling Pop Mag.
- 1 main picture-usually a Midshot or headshot
- Bold masthead, readable from 3 metres
Avoid clutter/OTT. Keep the messages clear.
Look how the coverlines are a good 5mm from the edge and all line up-either left or right aligned.
Similar 5mm rule and also same MAIN COVERLINE and alignment of all other smaller coverlines.
Bold masthead on all magazines
1 main image.
Stick to the convention, unless you have good reason not to.